Thursday, September 4, 2014

Underwater Family Photography, who knew?


Unlike most parents living in Central Texas, I'm not ready for the cooler weather...why, you ask?  Well, we're having so much fun hanging out in the pool that I'll be sad when it gets too chilly!   I love being in the pool so much that I even pitched my husband the idea of taking our annual family photos underwater this year...  

Well, after laughing at me briefly, he actually considered it...for about a minute and then questioned, who would take the picture...Yup, got me there...now to find a remote and tripod that work underwater...yeah, that ought to be easy.

So...why underwater children's photos you might ask?  Well, simple really. Kids dig 'em.   Want smiley, joyful, children in your photographs?  Capture them doing something that they love to do!  Sometimes all it takes is a favorite toy, a prop, or in this case, a pool.  If you, like many parents, are offered up the crazy smirk or the "not now, mom" response, then it might be time to try something different and unique.

I blame my dear friend Jen for planting this underwater photography thing in my head.  Being the avid scuba diver, every time she visits, she wows my girls with all her amazing, award-winning sea life photography.  They're simply captivated...sea turtles, lion fish, whale sharks, crabs....which got me thinking, why not people?!?!  So voila, now I've added underwater portrait photography to my repertoire...

Oh, and I also simply adore the 16x9 format for underwater portraits...now to find some suitable frames...Thanks for reading...and until next time, I'd love to hear your thoughts on underwater family photography, maybe you can help me convince my husband!  Cheers. Lara



No comments:

Post a Comment